-Days of smell, headaches, and open windows don’t have to be part of painting the living room or the office. Borlodan Painting, the Paso Robles house and commercial painter has released a report about the benefits painting without the fumes, smells, headaches and environmental issues caused by paint with high amounts of volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
VOCs are chemicals in paint, petroleum fuels, refrigerants, household and industrial cleaners, and a wide range of other products. VOCs are emitted as gasses from the compounds that contain them, explaining why paint leaves a lingering smell and air quality issues that causes headaches and respiratory reactions. According to the American Lung Association, VOCs contribute to a number of physical problems, such as eye and skin irritation, lung and kidney damage and increase the symptoms of allergies, asthma and other respiratory diseases.
There is no need to put up with the smell, headaches, potential health and environmental threats of regular paint. Low-VOC paint has been available since the mid-1990s and has steadily improved since then to include no-VOC paint. In fact, it is the only kind of paint used by the Paso Robles house painter for interior paint projects.
Along with the health and environmental benefits, low-to-no-VOC paints are:
- The best choice for homes and workplaces of people with health and chemical sensitivities as well as public buildings, schools, hospitals or any place else.
- Reduced or absence of VOCs mean there is no lingering smell.
- Brushes, dripped paint and accidental spills can be cleaned up with soap and water.
- They are durable, standing up to the same interior stresses as other paint.
- Marks, handprints, and the kid’s art projects can usually be removed with soap and water.
- They are easily identified by the VOC-per-gram level on the label.
- They can be applied exactly as any other paint.
- They cost the same as any quality paint.
- They are easy to find. Any store that carries paint carries low-to-no-VOC paint.
Choosing the right paint isn’t necessarily a simple matter. Not only are there health issued to consider for interior paint projects, there are environmental issues for both interior and exterior. And, there are weather conditions. Exterior paint needs to stand up to the local weather. For example, California’s Central Coast can experience a wide range of weather and temperature fluctuations any time of year. Coastal communities can see damp fogged-in mornings followed by afternoon temperatures in the 90-degree range. Inland, the summers can easily reach triple-digits on summer days and low 50s at night. A stretch of hot days can be followed by cool days with morning fog or mist. Winter rain has its own special effect on paint and wood. Changes in temperature and moisture cause wood and masonry to expand and contract, actions that damage paint from the inside out.
Borlodan Painting has considerable experience working with weather changes and temperature fluctuations. The company brings the best quality paint for the job to the job. It is this skill and knowledge that led the company to be hired for restoration work at the famous Hearst Castle in San Simeon CA.
Borlodan Painting Company
2197 Bel Air Place
Paso Robles, CA 93446
This press release is by Paso Robles Marketing and SEO company Access Publishing, 806 9th Street, #2D, Paso Robles, CA 93446, (805) 226-9890.