A fresh coat of paint can do wonders for your home, transforming its appearance and revitalizing its ambiance. However, before enjoying the results of a painting project, there are some important preparations that need to happen before the painters arrive. Proper planning ensures a smooth and successful painting experience, saving you time, money, and unnecessary stress. “Communication is one of the most valuable tools that the painter and customer share,” says George Borlodan, the Paso Robles house painter. “We work with you from the first step all the way to the final brush stroke. To make sure you are happy with the work, here are some tips to help make the project less stressful for your family, and more productive and efficient for us.”
Here are some valuable tips to help you prepare for the painters’ arrival:
- Establish clear goals: Communicate your expectations. Make a list of the rooms to be painted, the colors for each room, and any other information the painting team needs to know. Once the entire project has been defined, have a final meeting with the painters well in advance of the start date to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Communicate special requirements: Communicate special requirements for specific areas clearly with the painting company. Whether it’s delicate trims, textured walls, or certain eco-friendly paint preferences, effective communication ensures that expectations are met.
- Invite the painter to examine the rooms and surfaces to be painted well before the project starts. This inspection lets the painters know what kinds of repairs and preparation need to happen before the actual painting starts so you can have an accurate estimate of the cost and timeline.
- Clear the spaces: Before the painters arrive, declutter and move furniture and belongings away from the walls. Create an open space that allows the painters to work efficiently without any obstructions. Cover furniture and floors with drop cloths or plastic sheets to protect them from accidental spills or splatters.
- Kennel pets or keep them out of the way in secure pens where they cannot escape. “We love pets,” says the Paso Robles house painter, “and keeping your pets contained or kenneled away from the house while we are working helps make sure they are safe and are not going to escape through an open door or window.
- Keep children out of the house while the painters are working. A painting project might be a good time to plan a short vacation, visit family or friends, or even have a staycation at a local hotel with room service and a swimming pool.
- Stay informed and involved. Don’t hesitate to ask questions and be easily available in the event of unexpected problems.
- Be as flexible as possible. Painting projects usually go smoothly and everything falls into place as planned, but there is that old adage — if something can go wrong, it will. The more flexibility you have in scheduling and finances, the easier it is to overcome unforeseen issues, finish the job, and return to your home as quickly as possible.
Work with the experts
Choosing a painting company with an excellent reputation and a proven track record is another important tip for preparing for a smooth painting project.
The team from Borlodan Painting Company has been painting houses in Paso Robles and the Central Coast since 2011.
Borlodan Painting Company has been among the Central Coast’s top residential and commercial painting businesses. Arriving on time, clean, and ready to work, the professional team offers fine craftsmanship and the utmost respect for clients’ personal space and belongings. The team understands the climate, people, and aesthetic of this community, and are proud to help San Luis Obispo County look its best.
Each project, like each building and like each client, is individual. The company takes pride in negotiating a reasonable rate based on your specific needs. When it comes to quality workmanship and a fair deal among Paso Robles house painters nobody beats Borlodan!